Madrid Emprende presents the 5th edition of the social entrepreneurship awards, the #MadridImpacta award, one of the initiatives with which the Madrid City Council recognizes the work of social entrepreneurs. The project is carried out in collaboration with Impact Hub Madrid and the everis foundation
With this award, the city of Madrid seeks to form a society stimulated by economic growth and the well-being of citizens through the promotion of social, innovative and job-generating business projects. This initiative reinforces the city's commitment to comply with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations Agenda 2030.
As part of the social and innovative nature of the awards, the 2021 edition wants to recognize the business initiatives that, in the face of the profound changes suffered by society due to the global pandemic, have managed to detect and launch new business opportunities ranging from development of new products or services to the identification of new customer segments or even the entry into new national and international markets. New opportunities that, in this case, are also configured as a preliminary step for new impact ventures or the redefinition of existing ones.
Nominations for the Madrid Impacta Award 2021
The Madrid Impacta 2021 Award will select five semi-finalist business projects promoted by SMEs (individuals or legal entities) that have started their activity as of January 1, 2016 or that have a new line of business or that have reconverted their activity as of said date. You can find all the details about the requirements to participate in the bases of the call. In any case, the main activity must be aimed at providing measurable solutions to situations of social, economic, environmental vulnerability, etc. created or increased by the current global pandemic.
The pioneers of the five finalist projects will receive support, mentoring and training in strategy and business model using different innovation and impact measurement methodologies.
Among the five finalist proposals, the jury, made up of the Madrid City Council, Impact Hub Madrid and the everis Foundation The three best initiatives will be awarded.
The three winners will receive from the Madrid City Council an economic endowment of 8,000 euros for each project, as well as visibility and dissemination in madridemprende.es and on their social networks.
By Impact Hub Madrid They will receive 6 months of free flex membership in IH Prosperidad's own space, for two people from each of the three winning companies.
The everis foundation It will offer specialized mentoring for social entrepreneurship projects with a technological component valued at 8,000 euros.
The jury will prevail
- The social value created and the project's capacity to provide real solutions to complex situations and/or situations of special social and economic vulnerability, such as those caused by the current global pandemic
- The origin of the idea, evolution and actions carried out by the promoters to implement the project in a way that contributes to solving the problems detected at the origin
- The ethical principles that govern the actions promoted by promoters aimed at creating social awareness in their networks
- Future growth strategy. Elements of the project that favor its reproduction on a larger scale
How to take part
Applications must be submitted electronically or in person along with the required documentation, in the registry of the Madrid City Council:
- The legal persons must submit an application for electronic form, accessing the Electronic Office of the Madrid City Council Application for participation in the Madrid Impacta Award 2021 . In this case, you must use one of the electronic certificates accepted by the Madrid City Council.
- The Physical persons may choose to apply for electronic form, in the terms indicated in the previous section, or in person in the registry offices of the Madrid City Council and other entities provided for in article 16.4 of Law 39/2015, of October 1, on the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
Check the complete bases of the call.
The deadline for submitting applications ends August 18