Galician Montserrat He started in the fashion industry sector as if he were doing Dual Vocational Training studies, studying and, in turn, putting what he had learned into practice, working at the Baúl in Istanbul.
With this professional background, she made the decision to play the role of an entrepreneur, with the opening and management of two stores, for which she made the garments that were sold in them.
That was her first experience as a businesswoman. Later, he became aware that what he liked most was designing and managing a clothing company and decided to develop what constituted his second business project, K-KOU Textile. Making garments for a hard-working, independent woman and giving work to many women through workshops that make the production, thus expanding the number of garments per model.
Now, he is carrying out a new project, that of the internationalization of K-KOU, has already begun to take its "Made in Spain" garments to the United Kingdom and Ireland, and plans to approach the Italian market shortly.
To start the day, the attendees shared, in the format of elevator pitch, what their project consists of and they were able to leave their professional card. Thus, after finishing the session, they were able to network and generate synergies between all of them more effectively.
During her speech, Montserrat reviewed her beginnings as an entrepreneur up to the present moment, from her speech we can highlight the following points:
- "The concern of undertaking is what led me to set up my business and not work 8 hours for someone else"
- “It is necessary to always be in contact with the client and have their feedback”.
- "We must know all the processes of our company to be able to control and improve day by day"
- "Customers are aware of the quality of national products compared to Asian ones, but this trend still needs to be reinforced"
- “When going abroad, it is important to do it with the help of an association or some organization that helps us financially and puts us in touch with the right market”
- “Omnichannel is necessary, it is estimated that the fashion sector sells up to 18% online, although it is still a market that is very much in-store purchases“
- “Having someone who advises you financially and at a business level is vital when it comes to minimizing failure when starting your business”
Once the exhibition is over, attendeesEntities shared a coffee and a session of networking in the common area San Blas business incubator.
The event was broadcast live on our Facebook page, you can check the video of the session.
To attend the coffee break or other events that we organize do not forget subscribe to our activity newsletter or consult our schedule