This Wednesday, December 13, they have been delivered in the assembly hall of the Conde Duque Cultural Center the MAD+ Awards 2017 to social entrepreneurship.
The Madrid City Council convened this year the first edition of these awards under the slogan \"For a MORE fair and more supportive MADrid\" with the aim of supporting socially and economically those ideas led by social entrepreneurs and thus give visibility to their Projects; raising awareness in society about the relevance that social entrepreneurship is acquiring day by day in our society.
The MAD+ Awards are aimed at SMEs established less than three years old, with a project or service with a proven prototype that can generate a positive and measurable impact on society, and that can have an impact on the economic activity of the company. Madrid city.
The first prize, endowed with a cash amount of €20,000 has fallen to Communications in Sign Language SL Antonio and Inmaculada have created a pportal for deaf people with visual and instant communication via webcam. They offer video interpreting services, content adaptation service, adaptation of web pages and accessible events.
The second prize, for an amount of €4,000 has gone to the project Escuelab Educational Innovation SL Social enterprise founded by Cristina and Fernando that democratizes access to practical and interactive scientific education, encourages research vocations and develops tools for the future among schoolchildren. It is designed to reduce the serious social gap between science and society.
In this first edition, a total of 80 applications have been submitted. After a first phase, in which the 20 companies with the best valuation based on the criteria established in the call were selected, there were 10 that, after a elevator pitch held in November, yesterday they competed for the prize after Demo Day.
These are the other 8 finalist projects that presented their project to the jury and those attending the event:
- Illusion Association for Development and Employment (www.ilusionasoc.org) Association focused on the Fourth Sector whose central activity is the provision of professional services in order to "rescue" unemployed people.
- Global Monk SL (www.pleneat.es) dedicated to the cHomemade food for companies, cooked with organic and certified 100% ingredients.
- Migralingua Voze Linguistic Services SL (www.voze.es) Is a pbridge between different languages and cultures. A tool that aims to unite citizens and public service personnel, clients and companies. The platform allows the user to access a telephone interpreter in 11 languages 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world.
- Comcosy (www.comcosy.com) andit's a mark place Furniture and decoration company. It is part of a movement for sustainable manufacturing and consumption focused on the transformation of the furniture industry, creating a network of professionals.
- Dlana (www.dlana.es) is centered on the production and marketing (local and online) of textile products highlighting the value and promoting the recovery of both the country's native wool as raw material and the entire textile transformation chain and extensive and transhumant livestock. Products with complete traceability are created.
- Creating Redes-Narcap SL (www.creandoredes.es) is a social enterprise that bases its activity on the transfer of scientific knowledge to companies, administrations and other organizations to transform the current environmental integration model through Ecological Restoration.
- Association of Bioregional Economies (www.economiasbioregionales.org) is a cSocial innovation consultancy to implement waste management models, with the objective of developing strategies for the use of resources, strengthening the environment and the circular and solidarity economy. Its main line of work is agrocomposting, training and dissemination of agroecological systems.
- Bolsa Social PFP SL (www.bolsasocial.com) it's a Pthe online platform of equity crowdfunding, the first authorized in Spain by the CNMV. Connect investors with companies that have a positive social or environmental impact. He works in the double impact investment sector: social-environmental and financial.
Once the presentations of the projects were finished, the jury withdrew to deliberate. In this interval of time a round table was held under the title “We know social entrepreneurship” with participants of the stature of Mercedes Valcárcel Dueñas General Director of Fundación Tomillo, Mikel Oleaga. programs and projects Impact Hub Madrid , Jose Luis Ruiz de Munain. Institutional relations of UNLTD Spain, Antonella Broglia, Ambassador Ashoka Spain and host of the program in “for all the 2” from TVE on social innovation. The participants answered questions such as:
- What assessment do you make of social entrepreneurship and what characteristics should a company have to be considered social?
- Is there a standard or more usual origin of social enterprises?
- Is there a priority sector or sectors of activity?
- What are the main challenges of social entrepreneurs?
- Can the Administration support overcoming these?
- How do you think the Administration can strengthen the social entrepreneurship and social investment sector in Spain?
- What actions and/or ideas can help spread the role of social entrepreneurship and how to highlight the value of social entrepreneurs?
Do you want to see more photos of the event? click here