Last Friday, June 23, the second phase of the Entrepreneurs Award 2017 convened by the Madrid City Council, where 25 projects from each of the categories, "Entrepreneurial Idea" and "Company Award", were presented by their promoters in an "elevator pitch" format, consisting of a brief oral presentation of no more than one minute and a half long.
The jury was chaired by the Deputy Director General of Entrepreneurs and SMEs of the Madrid City Council, which was accompanied by members representing each of the collaborating entities: Yo Dona, Womenalia, Centro Universitario Villanueva and ASEME.
The judge evaluated the 50 projects and after deliberation, they selected the following projects for their passage to the final phase of the Entrepreneurs Award.
Entrepreneurial Idea Category:
- Paula Bañuelos Herran, with her Brave Up project, an app against bullying
- Amy Tien Chang, with her project La Batidora for gastronomic entrepreneurs.
- Andrea Garin Villanueva, with her e-commerce project The Best 5
- Marina Rincon Torroella, with her Silma aesthetic prosthesis project
- Lara Teran Trascasa and Lorena Conejero, with their project JarndiNvert, of interior vertical gardens
- Biohope Scientific Solutions For Human Health SL, represented by Isabel Portero Sánchez
- Bookfit, SL, represented by María Gómez Villaseca
- Fabulist Travel SL, represented by Ana Olmos Sanz
- Sidikai, represented by Carlota Gramunt Azqueta
- Skansense SLU, represented by Cristina Porcel Magnusson
Of these finalist projects, after 3 months of work on their business plan, the jury will choose, after a Demo Day, the first and second prizes in each category, which will receive an economic award: 6,000 euros in the "Entrepreneurial Idea Award" and 10,000 euros for the “Company Award”; and 1,000 euros for the second classified in each category.
In turn, for both winning projects, an interview will be held in the magazine I donate, access to the training offer of the Business Area of the current year of the Villanueva University Center, an interview will be held in Womenalia, advertising on Womenews, button display on Womenalia and dissemination on social networks; and free membership fee Spanish Association of Women Entrepreneurs (ASEME) for 1 year and dissemination in said association.
This year, a total of 243 women have participated in the award, with 171 applications for the “2017 Entrepreneurial Idea Award” category and 72 applications for the “2017 Company Award” category. Thanks to these initiatives, the aim is to continue giving visibility and support to the group of women entrepreneurs, as they are part of the business fabric that moves the city of Madrid.
You can see more photos HERE
Congratulations to all the participants!