Yesterday the presentation of the finalist projects and award ceremony of the II edition of the MAD+ 2018 Awards for a fairer and more supportive MADrid, in the Music Box of the Palacio de Cibeles.
The main objective of these awards is to contribute to the recognition of original, creative, innovative projects that generate social and/or environmental impact to promote and drive social entrepreneurship, as well as the generation of employment and increase in the country's economic activity, contributing to the promotion of this new type of entrepreneurship.
The delivery began with the words of Concha Díaz de Villegas, general director of Commerce and Entrepreneurship of the Madrid City Council in which he welcomed the attendees and the participating projects on behalf of the mayor of Madrid, Manuela Carmena: \»The purpose of these awards is to give visibility to social entrepreneurship. We have seen in this edition very imaginative solutions to problems of the environment, accessibility, big data applied to the improvement of urban spaces, fashion solutions for everyday problems, etc\». In the same way, he urged all attendees and spectators to be aware of the third edition.
The dynamics of the day consisted of each of the finalist projects going up on stage and presenting their project in 5 timed minutes.
The winners of MAD+ 2018 were:
- First prize in cash of 20,000 euros for Urban Data Eye with its real-time analysis system for public spaces, using artificial intelligence techniques and taking advantage of images from existing public cameras.
- Second prize in cash of 4,000 euros for SoulEM, a social enterprise from Madrid, promoted by the Asociación Entre Mujeres, whose objective is to eradicate exclusion, inequality and sexual exploitation by integrating women into society through training and employability.
The awards were presented by the delegate of the Equity, Social Rights and Employment Area, Marta Higueras Garrobo, accompanied by Concha Díaz de Villegas.
The rest of the finalists were:
- Miwuki, a platform for those interested in adopting to find abandoned animals in one place.
- Achipampanos, a society that seeks to improve the quality of the products we eat. They produce leafy crops, aromatic herbs and edible flowers without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- brooche, a company dedicated to the design, manufacture of all kinds of clothing and accessories, especially lingerie, shirts, haberdashery and knitwear aimed in particular at people with some physical handicap.
- Plant on Demand, platform software created by a work cooperative that connects small and medium producers, agroecological farmers with consumers, local businesses of fresh and organic products.
- Nostoc Biotechnologies, a company that develops natural fertilization and protection solutions for all crops. It is an alternative to the chemical products that are being used massively today.
- Nundoing, consultancy and intervention, based on the idea of non-construction, which basically consists of improving people's lives from the minimum intervention and the maximum impact.
- first call, an application that consists of a communication tool between users, citizens and emergency services. It allows launching medical alerts (accidents, sexist violence, bullying, theft, loss of people or pets).
- Change Dyslexia, an independent organization whose main objective is the global reduction of school dropout rates due to dyslexia.
While the jury was deliberating, an interesting interview was conducted with Antonio Vega, one of the promoters of the company Announcements in Sign Language, winning company of the first edition of these awards,
The act ended with a recognition to all the representatives of the finalist projects and a family photo.
Here you have the photo album of the MAD+ 2018 Awards ceremony.
If you could not attend the event here you can consult the streaming event broadcast