Madrid Emprende presents the IV edition of the social entrepreneurship awards, the award #Madrid Hits, one of the initiatives with which the Madrid City Council recognizes the work of social entrepreneurs. The project is carried out in collaboration with Impact Hub Madrid and UnLtd United Kingdom.
With this award, the city of Madrid and the collaborating entities seek to form a society stimulated by economic growth and the well-being of citizens through the promotion of social, innovative and job-generating business projects. This initiative reinforces the city's commitment to comply with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations Agenda 2030.
As part of the social and innovative nature of the awards, the 2020 edition will reward initiatives that provide solutions and optimization of opportunities to alleviate the effects of the crisis generated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, on this occasion the awards will recognize impact projects in their phase prior to business creation and/or new lines of business or reconversion processes, which provide real and viable solutions to the current health crisis, and which address the situations of social and economic vulnerability that this situation has triggered .
Nominations for the Madrid Impacta Award 2020
The Madrid Impacta 2020 Award will select five finalist proposals specifically developed to provide solutions to the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. The initiatives must be business projects presented by individuals, groups of individuals and SMEs (individuals or legal entities, whatever the date of their creation) that have a new line of business, or that have reconverted their activity. You can find all the details about the requirements to participate in the bases of the call. The period for submitting applications will begin once the extract of the bases is published in the Official Gazette of the Community of Madrid.
The pioneers of the five finalist projects will receive support, mentoring and training in strategy and business model using different innovation and impact measurement methodologies.
Among the five finalist proposals, the jury, formed by the Madrid City Council, Impact Hub Madrid and UnLtd Spain, The three best initiatives will be awarded.
The winners will receive from the City of Madrid an economic endowment of 8,000 euros for each project, as well as visibility and dissemination on madridemprende.es and on its social networks.
By UnLtd United Kingdom They will receive online training in impact measurement, visibility on their social networks, an interview on their blog and one hour of personalized advice on Impact Measurement for each winner. For that, the winners must have previously worked on their Theory of Change.
By Impact Hub Madrid They will receive flexible memberships in IH Prosperidad's own space, for two people per winner for a duration of about 6 months.
What will the jury prevail?
- The social value created and the project's capacity to provide real solutions to the problem detected and caused by the COVID-19 crisis.
- The origin of the idea, evolution and actions carried out by the promoters to implement the project in such a way that it contributes to solving the problems detected at the origin.
- The ethical principles that govern the actions promoted by promoters aimed at creating social awareness in their networks.
- Future growth strategy. Elements of the project that favor its reproduction on a larger scale.
How to take part?
Applications must be submitted electronically or in person along with the required documentation, at the Madrid City Council Registry:
- Legal entities must compulsorily submit the application electronically, accessing the Electronic Office of the City Council. In this case, you must use one of the electronic certificates accepted by the Madrid City Council.
- Natural persons may choose to submit the application electronically, in the terms indicated in the previous section, or in person at the Madrid City Council registration offices and other entities provided for in article 16.4 of Law 39/2015, of October 1, of the Common Administrative Procedure of the Public Administrations.
The application submission deadline It will be from July 17 to September 27, 2020.