Behind the Demo Day on October 23, where the 9 finalist projects - 6 in the company category and 3 in the university category - made their presentations to the jury, the deputy mayor of Madrid, Begoña Villacís, presented this morning the Entrepreneurs Award 2020. With this award, Madrid wants to contribute to the recognition of original, creative and innovative projects undertaken by women with the aim of promoting and promoting female entrepreneurship, generating employment and increasing economic activity in the city.
In this X edition of the Entrepreneurs Award, the first prize in the company category has fallen to SATURN LABS, What is it an innovation ecosystem made up of different branches or lines of business, including an innovation laboratory focused on the development of disruptive products and services for large companies called Saturno Tech. The branches in which it has specialized are: artificial intelligence, chatbot, voice assistants, signal processing, three-dimensional sound and prototyping of innovative ideas. It has a social approach, since it is designed so that the participants in the network can learn and exploit their potential through workshops, talks or practical experiences such as hackathons or real projects in companies, but above all because it seeks that through collective intelligence they can create projects or technologies that help make “a better world”.
The second prize in the company category has been for LETMEPARK SLU That dedicated to improving the driver experience and empowering the connected car by providing more advanced and personalized mobility services, in a more sustainable and convenient way, changing the way of parking through process automation, algorithms and voice assistants that save time and money.
With their solution they reduce the negative environmental impact in cities by reducing car use. Your target people who want to be able to book and plan their trips in advance, who don't want to worry about parking or how to get there, who want to be able to spend money wisely and who consider the social consequences of their mobility behavior and want to pay for sustainable options.
The prize in university entrepreneur category has been for LOOKREADING, mobile application that will allow users to try on clothing from all the brands that are included in the application on a 3D avatar that will have the same measurements as the customer. This reduces the need to touch and try on the garments and, therefore, the chances of contagion. It will also offer users different outfits made from the clothes they have in their closet. They will be able to organize them by categories and place them on a calendar to have a global vision. On the other hand, they will be given advice on styling and recommendations on products with which to complement their looks, which they can purchase through the application.
In total, 18,000 euros in cash have been distributed along with the contribution in kind by the collaborators of the award: Womenalia, SEE ME, the Hotel Business Association of Madrid (AEHM), the King Juan Carlos University (URJC) and wave madrid.
The other finalists of this edition have been, for the Company category:
- FREEDOM FLOW SL. They work on models and algorithms necessary for the development of technological tools capable of estimating the impact of the lifestyle, health and well-being of employees on their ability to work, the costs of stress and the development of talent associated with the new ways to work. In relation to the COVID-19 context, its application can carry out an early diagnosis and monitor the impact of the infection, allowing companies to face the challenge they will face in the coming months in a structured and efficient manner.
- THE BARRACA OF THE CINEMA SL. It offers an entertainment service that integrates new technologies with the traditional environment of technology-based movie theaters, bringing film culture closer to all sectors of society, including people with disabilities. A mobile cinema with adapted technology. It offers the user augmented reality glasses to access additional content to the audiovisual work being projected, accessibility tools for people with sensory disabilities, alternative audio, director's comments, etc.
- MYENDLESSCO. With CALMTAG offers findability solutions, simple and integrable in textiles for dependent people, who do not have the possibility of communicating with a mobile device or smartphone. They work on the integration of devices in clothing for dependent people and on their integrative design, leaving behind the big technologies and using textile labels with QR codes that allow contact with the caregiver through a platform. Their project is framed within the clothing brand they sell.
- SAID AND DONE. They market liquid ecological cleaning products packaged in recycled cardboard boxes. Without sulfates and in the case of the detergent without colorant. They are the world's leading brand of ecological liquid cleaning products packaged in recycled and recyclable cardboard. Plastic spray cans can be reused by buying only the refills that are packaged in small boxes made of recycled cardboard and that dissolve in water when the liquid is used up. sold online
And for the University Entrepreneur category:
- SATURN NETWORK, a private network of the best young Spanish innovative and technological talents. It has a social approach, since it is designed so that the participants in the network can learn and exploit their potential through workshops, talks or practical experiences such as hackathons or real projects in companies, but above all because it seeks that through collective intelligence they can create projects or technologies that help improve the world.
- SCIENCE WITH CARMEN platform that aims to communicate topics of scientific relevance for all audiences. With the dissemination on YouTube they want to make science an attractive subject for the general public, that arouses curiosity and highlights the role of the scientist and his mission. Interaction is encouraged, through comments and the use of social networks, surveys, debates, etc.
If you have not been able to see the direct broadcast of the event, you can see it on our channel Youtube.
In her speech, Villacís assured that "the Madrid City Council continues to support female entrepreneurship, despite this health crisis in which we are immersed, encouraging female entrepreneurs to continue with their projects and make them bigger"
On our page of Facebook You can see the photos of the event.