Sergio Lourenso its Ttechnician in the Directorate of Promotion and Cooperation, responsible for advising companies in the traditional manufacturing sectors and the consumer goods industry based on design. CDTI since 2010.
The CDTI or Center for Industrial Technological Development is a public business entity, dependent on the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, which promotes innovation and technological development of Spanish companies. It is the entity that channels the requests for financing and support to the R&D&I projects of Spanish companies at the state and international levels. Thus, the objective of the CDTI is to contribute to the improvement of technological level of Spanish companies.
In his talk Sergio explained the aid and services that the CDTI has to obtain financing for entrepreneurs and SMEs, placing special emphasis on the following points:
- Financing line NEOTEC, a subsidy that has a budget of €25 million in which they finance up to 70% of the project budget and concepts such as equipment, material, external collaborations, advice, etc.
- The selection criteria for NEOTEC projects are that the project exploits a market need, that they have technological capacity, sufficient team management capacity, and that they demonstrate effective financial management.
- With the NEOTEC line the CDTI can finance projects in any sector. Among the sectors that most request aid are New Technologies, Energy, Telecommunications and Health.
- Sergio continued explaining the news and improvements of the CDTI financing lines: ID, LIC, CIEN, INNOGLOBAL and ITC.
- Finally, mention was made of the new financing instruments: among them: Horizonte SME, Proof of Concept, Red Cervera, LICa, etc.
Once the practical part was over, the attendees shared a coffee and a session of networking in the common area of the San Blas nursery.